1. Leading renewable energy investor
With over £3 billion of energy assets under management, we are:
- One of the largest owner and managers of renewable energy assets in the UK and Europe.
- The largest independent owner of onshore wind and solar assets in the UK.
2. Experienced and specialist team of >70 professionals
One of the largest and most experienced teams in Europe across Transactions, Energy Markets, Asset Management, Fund Management and Business Operations.
3. Institutional capabilities and co-investment opportunity
Since May 2017 we have secured mandates to deploy over £550 million in UK renewable energy assets on behalf of institutional investors.
4. Origination track record and proprietary pipeline
The team’s extensive experience and deep network generates billions of pounds of pipeline each year resulting in our transactions team originating and investing into £350m of new assets every year for the last eight years.
5. Scale benefits and operational experience
Our team of engineers and technical experts has overseen £1.7bn of new build energy assets and our asset management team have a track record of optimising assets for our investors.
6. Octopus, ‘a brighter way’
Octopus is much more than a traditional asset manager. We build businesses to transform broken industries and create better outcomes.
Part of the Octopus Group
We’re a group of entrepreneurially-minded businesses – each one built on the belief that people deserve better. Founded in 2000, today, we’re one of the UK’s fastest-growing companies, operating in two sectors – financial services and energy supply.
For two decades we’ve been challenging convention and turning bright ideas into game-changing businesses. We offer smart, simple solutions that leave our customers feeling totally taken care of because being trusted makes us irreplaceable.
Across Octopus, we now have over 750,000 customers and we manage more than £8.3 billion on behalf of our investors (source Octopus, 30 September 2019). We want Octopus to be a group of businesses we’re proud to tell our grandchildren about.